Holidays and half term art workshops in South East London. 2012 Schedule:
These are typically weekly workshops, but can also be booked on a daily basis.
Please please Contact Cool Mummy
if you wish to make an advance booking.
- February 2012 half term break
- Easter holiday 2012
- May 2012 half term break
- Summer 2012
- October 2012 half term break
- Christmas 2012 holidays
Where and when is the workshop taking place?
- The workshop runs weekly, but can also be booked on a daily basis.
- Daily from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- the workshops take place in a bright and airy artist's studio in West Norwood, South East London. The studio comes equipped with wooden easels and a workstation for each child. Please note that a detailed CRB disclosure and a Public Liability Insurance are both available upon request.
What is included in the workshop and how much does it cost?
- Each day is 7 hours of artistic expression and tones of fun.
- £35 per day, all inclusive.
Included in the price are all the material necessary to learn the chosen art form for the day; whether mosaics, acrylic painting, mixed media, sewing or jewellery making. Each child gets a set of artist material: canvas, brushes, easel, paint, drawing pads, drawing pencils, crafts material, mosaic material including tiles and grouts, sewing box, fabrics and trims, sewing machine, etc...All you bring is a packed lunch!
At the end of each day, the children will complete a project: an artist canvas, a mosaic mirror, a mixed media collage, a sewing project, jewellery...and will take their wonderful creations home.
How do we spend these 5 fantastic days?
We introduce fun and practical drawing skills which will provide the basis for all other creative activities, wether painting sewing or mosaics.
We will also spend the rest of day cutting patterns from paper to fabric and learning the wonderful skill of stitching. The children will make one of many projects, such as a beautiful vintage nightgown / dress with a matching handbag, a funny monster, a stuffed cuddly chicken, a mouse in a sleeping bag, and so much more. These projects are not only fun but they also provide children with a great sense of achievement.
During the mosaic sessions, children learn this highly creative art-form. We aim to inspire and encourage them to create their own designs using tiles and child-friendly glass shapes. Just like painting, children start by drawing their designs before using mosaic tiles as a new art medium to bring their composition to life.
- Painting and mixed media collage
When painting, we explore the wonderful world of Tempera and Acrylic paint and learn about brush strokes and techniques. And when working with collage, we explore the mad and creative world of composing an artwork with a wide range of material. For these projects, each child will work with real artists' tools creating their final painting on a framed canvas.An artist canvas & easelSet of artist brushesAcrylic and Tempera paint
Who is runs the workshops?
- Dee Elnajjar is a British artist and a part time art teacher working with Year 3 children. She is also the founder of Cool Mummy, a company offering art experiences and products designed for creative kids. She lives in London with her 9 year old daughter and her partner.
- Anne Welford is a British painter currently exhibiting her art in galleries across London, she also works for a children's charity. Anne has worked in decorative arts for the last 20 years. She lives in London with her 9 year old son.
- Both Anne and Dee hold CRB checks which are available upon request.